Thursday, September 17, 2009

Unsolicited Support from John Pilmer

Below is a cut from the blog of John Pilmer. To see the entire blog entry visit http://www.pilmerpr.com/blog/.

The reason I support Mr Curtis relates to my overall view of politics in 2009. I believe John offers the best chance to really shake up governmental leadership in Utah Valley. Both of the candidates are conservative, both “experienced.” However, John has been running a substantial company in the private sector with a large budget that is answerable to shareholders. In my view, career politicians for some reason, lose some accountability to voters as their power base grows. Hence, the need for term limits. This is more true on a national basis (ie. U.S. Congress), but still true locally. Curtis is high energy with a sense of accountability to the bottom line, as well as the public. I like that.